We may receive advertising compensation when you click certain products. Before jumping into this page, an important disclosure.
Although it may seem hard to buy bitcoin without a bank account, services that allow the unbanked to buy bitcoin often deliver your coins faster. You also maintain more of your privacy when you use services that don't require a bank account
There are two good ways to buy bitcoin without a bank account: with credit card, or with cash.
We'll show you exchanges that work for both methods.
Credit Card: Option #1 to Buy Bitcoin without a Bank Account
Credit card is one way to buy bitcoins without a bank account. The main benefit is that the delivery of coins is fast.
The exchanges in the table below allow you to buy bitcoin with credit card.
Bits of Gold
- Crypto exchange based in Tel Aviv
- Buy with card, cash or bank transfer
- Supports Bitcoin & Ethereum
- Crypto exchange based in Australia
- Supports credit card buying
- Easy to use interface
- Best for Nigeria, South Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia
- East to use interface
- Trusted exchange
- Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum & 15 other coins
- Start trading fast; high limits
- Clean & easy trading interface
This ad promotes virtual cryptocurrency investing within the EU (by eToro Europe Ltd. and eToro UK Ltd.) & USA (by eToro USA LLC); which is highly volatile, unregulated in most EU countries, no EU protections & not supervised by the EU regulatory framework. Investments are subject to market risk, including the loss of principal.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- "Instant Buy" option available with debit card
- Crypto exchange based in Canada
- Very high buy and sell limits
- Supports credit & debit card, Interac, wire
- Works in almost all countries
- Highest limits for buying bitcoins with a credit card
- Reliable and trusted broker
Cash: Option #2 to Buy Bitcoin without a Bank Account
Cash is the second option. Below you can find exchanges that allow you to buy with cash.
Local Bitcoins provides escrow and offers a number of payment methods for buying bitcoin with no bank account. Cash deposit, Western Union, face-to-face cash trade, Amazon gift card are all offered on top of many other payment methods. Local Bitcoins provides escrow, but be sure to buy from sellers with previous trade history and positive feedback.
We may receive compensation when you use LocalBitcoins. Please visit LocalBitcoins for its exact pricing terms.
- Can be private, fast and easy
- In-person trades require no personal information
- Purchases of bitcoin can be made quickly via cash deposit
- Beware of scams; always follow the rules!
- Harder to buy large amounts of bitcoins compared to large exchanges
- Slightly to significantly higher prices than regular exchanges; premium for higher privacy
Buy Bitcoin Read Review
Ease of Use
LibertyX lets you buy bitcoin with cash at a number of retail stores across the United States. You'll have to verify your identity before buying, making LibertyX less private than some of the other options. You can buy up to $1000 worth of bitcoin. You'll be charged a 1% fee on all purchases, but if you sign up with Facebook you can buy your first $1000 fee free. Your bitcoin should arrive a few minutes after your payment is made.
- Easy and fast way to buy bitcoins with cash
- Low 1.5% (plus store fee) rate for cash purchase method
- Daily $1000 limit is fairly high for a convenience service
- Participating stores add their own variable fee
- Some verification is required which lowers the expected privacy level of cash purchase
- Attaching your Facebook account further degrades privacy
Ease of Use
Coin ATM Radar helps you find Bitcoin ATMs in your area, where you can by bitcoins with cash and no bank account.
- Our map makes it super easy to find a Bitcoin ATM near you
- Bitcoin ATMs often have 5-10% fees per purchase
On top of the options listed above, it's always possible to buy bitcoin at your local meetup or from a local Bitcoin ATM. Use Coin ATM Radar to find a Bitcoin ATM in your area.
The availability of the services listed above may vary by location.